Experience the privilege of the Swiss watch warranty, a testament to our devotion to exceeding expectations.
How can First State Auctions offer a minimum of 3 month warranty and guarantee watch authenticity?
- Our skilled watch specialists undertake a thorough assessment before a watch is accepted for auction. They assess the watch's condition, confirm it is original, test timekeeping and watch functions. The watch undergoes a cleaning procedure if needed.
- The timepiece is also examined by a skilled independent Swiss watchmaker who exposes it to a strict testing process while addressing any repair needs. The Swiss watchmaker authenticates the watch and issues an official Certificate of Authenticity.
- The timepiece is meticulously photographed, capturing its essence with images and, on some occasions, videos so you can examine it in detail in the auction catalogue. Every discovery is summarised in the product's description or the Watch Condition Report.
Are there any warranties on watches?
First State Auctions provides its own 3 month limited warranty on “pre-owned” and “as-new” watches purchased at FSA auctions.
For “new” watches, FSA provides its own limited warranty for the period stated in the catalogue description.
Some watches are covered with the balance of the manufacturer's warranty that will be stated in the catalogue description.
The hands and watch movement are the only components covered under the FSA limited warranty.
This is a limited warranty and does not include:
- Ageing and wear and tear from normal use.
- Damage resulting from improper handling, negligence, accidents, tampering or incorrect use of the watch.
- Any external damage to the product.
- Change of battery.
- Any loss of stones or gems on the outer portion of the watch or watch face.
- Moisture damage to a watch not marked water resistant.
- Any damage that occurs as a result of a water resistant watch being used under conditions which exceed the watch manufacturer’s water resistance guidelines.
- Water damage caused to a water resistant watch where the crown is not screwed down.
Please note that any modifications or 3rd party repairs will void the warranty.
Warranty on watches shipped to destinations outside Australia:
- All watches shipped to destinations outside Australia are covered by the above warranty on condition that the watch is returned to First State Auctions Head Office.
- All return costs to Head Office including shipping charges, customs, duties and other related costs will be for the buyer's expense plus all similar costs associated with the return of the watch from Head Office to the customer.
First State Auctions provides a detailed written Watch Condition Report based on an established watch grading system for every watch.
Where can I view the items to be auctioned?
Should you desire, you can inspect the goods prior to purchase:
- Our auction catalogues are available on our website about 7 days prior to the auction end date with detailed product information, auction details and product images.
- Viewing is available at our Sydney head office by prior appointment only.
To assist customers in understanding the condition of the items sold, they have been classified based on the following guide:
- New - The item is new, in excellent condition, and has never been privately owned.
- As New - The item presents ‘as new’ and is in excellent condition. It could have been displayed in a retail shop or be ‘pre-owned’ and in excellent condition.
- Pre-Owned – The item has been privately owned. It may have signs of wear (e.g. a scratch)